It has been more than three months since the WHO announced that the COVID-19 officially became an epidemic disturbing our everyday lives. Millions of people are under quarantine.
And as we follow the Govt’s order on maintaining social distance, it’s essential to make our house a safe place to leave as well. We all know that sanitizers kill viruses on our hands but what the surfaces in our home? Besides hiring professional Charlotte house cleaning service in a periodic manner, here are a few essential tips you can abide by to keep your house safe during COVID-19 pandemic.
Clean places you touch frequently:
Health experts say that COVID-19 can be alive on surfaces such as cardboard for 24 hours and even longer on stainless steel and plastic. So cleaning & disinfecting frequently touched surfaces is a step you must take. These surfaces include:
- Hard dining chairs
- Kitchen counters
- Gas stoves
- Table surfaces
- Light switches
All houses aren’t the same so think regarding the surfaces you touch the most. First clean & then disinfect.
- Wash all surfaces to take away dust, debris or contaminants. Wipe it down properly with soap water.
- Apply a surface-appropriate disinfectant. The fastest way is to make use of a strong disinfectant spray.
- Wear disposable gloves
- Ensure there’s sufficient ventilation in the area you’re cleaning.
- Make use of a diluted bleach solution or an alcohol-based solution with a minimum of 70 percent alcohol content.
- Clean your hands properly by using soap.
Clean the soft surfaces:
Besides hard surfaces there’re softer surfaces in your home that requires proper attention as well. For more delicate items such as rugs, drapes, carpeted floors, you can do the following:
- Clean the surface using soap & water or appropriate cleaning solutions to use on these surfaces.
- Clean your bedsheets, drapes and pillow covers as per the instructions of the manufacturer. Make use of warm water to clean these materials & dry them properly.
- Disinfectant sprays such as Lysol, Clorox and Purell are brands that make cleaning sprays all make.
Use a wipeable cover for electronic items such as laptops, mobiles and remote controls. The best way to keep them clean is to use alcohol-based sprays or wipes that contain at least 70 percent alcohol to sterilize touch screens.
Last but not least, don’t skip professional house cleaning service in Charlotte from Furry Friends Clean to make your home a safe place to reside, especially during this pandemic time. We follow all the safety measures and WHO recommended guidelines to offer you a safe house cleaning experience.